Print this page

The Dawdy Building

The Dawdy Building, (c.1850) Queen St., Kingston


This project involved developing drawings, specifications and site supervision for restoration of shop fronts and upper windows, masonry and roof as well as design for conversion of upper storeys to residential use and ground floor to commercial use. First stage was preparation of cost estimates and work plan for successful grant application from the Ontario Ministry of Culture. Finished project was an award winner with the Frontenac Historic Foundation




The building before restoration showing modified masonry openings at street level.




The building after restoration showing restored masonry openings, 
reconstructed shutters and hand forged hardware, shop entrances, etc.