Print this page

Gage House

Gage House, Battlefield Park, NHS, Stoney Creek Ontario


This project was to undertake a Historic Structures Report on this early timber frame residence. The intention was to identify what components are original and how and when the building changed and evolved over time, despite the conflicted historic record. Ultimately, the careful analysis of the historic fabric and historic record indicated that the current house was built in 1817 and was extensively modified around 1835 . only a portion of the cellar dates from the time of the Battle of Stoney Creek in 1813.


Historic Picture


Historic photographs are a source of valuable information.


Gage trim profiles


Original mouldings have been carefully recorded as they are
another source of information related to change and age.


Gage House today


Gage House as it appears today.