Print this page

Customs House

Customs House, (c. 1845) Mill Street, Port Hope


The intention was to accurately restore building exterior based on remaining historic fabric and historic photographs rich in detail. The process involved research, selective stripping and then developing working drawings and specifications for the restoration of masonry, cedar roof, store fronts, five building entrances, shop front cornice and upper storey windows. Funded by Ontario Ministry of Culture.




Before restoration began the building had 
become a multi-unit apartment building.




After restoration showing the restored shop fronts; 
details for the shop fronts were gleaned from historic 
photographs and small amounts of remaining historic fabric.

Previous page: 62-64-66 Brock St.
Next page: Waddell Block