Print this page

Confederation Building, Ottawa

The Confederation Building is located within the Parliamentary Precinct. It was built c1930 and has always served as an office building for Members of Parliament. There are approximately 1500 original wood windows.  Craig has served as a consultant for the restoration of the windows. The first half was completed in 2016 with Fornier Gersovitz Moss Architects. The completion of the tender package for the remaining windows, with Watson, McEwen, Teramura Architects, is completed and about to be tendered.

 

This is Craig’s schematic design for proposed ‘interior storm’ windows.

 

This detail shows the sash undergoing restoration in the shop of Heritage Grade. Some stiles and rails required replacement, some areas of deterioration were repaired using epoxy, and all glass was reset in linseed oil based projects.